Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Happy times- part one of many

Our very first text converstation. You were talking about cooking Hamburger Helper. It doesn't sound like much but it makes me smile because I remember sitting on Kristi's deck and texting you and feeling so giddy! It was an exciting time.

Our first date. We watched Premonition. You held my hand. I felt so comfortable with you from the moment you walked into my driveway and picked me up. It was just so natural being with you. Then we didn't go anywhere fancy, we just ordered from the drive-thru at KFC and sat in the parking lot talking until our food turned cold. We went to Blockbuster and rented another movie, The Holiday, because we weren't really ready to end the date yet. We were having a great time. We laid on the couch and watched the movie. You kissed me. Our first kiss. You joked because it was like I had never been kissed before. It was special. When THE ONE kisses you, it's different, like no other time before.

Remember when we went to Florida and had some very deep conversations abojut love, loss, and life while sitting on the beach? I had an infected tooth, which left me in so much pain and you sat on the side of me, putting my left cheek against yours and put pressure on the right side of my face with your hand, where my mouth was hurting. You didn't mind. You wanted to do it. You did it for hours. It made me fall even more in love with you.

You asked me to marry you that very next week. Of course, I said yes! I couldn't wait to sepend the rest of my life with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment